I am so honored to have been nominated by Taylor of The Modest Blondie for the Liebster Blog Award! Make sure to go check out her fabulous blog, which I just discovered myself....yay!
Basically the Liebster Award is given to a blogger, from another blogger, recognizing the potential that a particular small blogger has. Pretty much saying, "Hey, your blog's great. Keep up the good work, because you're on the right track and you're going somewhere."
I must say this is quite humbling, so thank you Taylor:)
Now for the fun part (my personal favorite).....answering the questions....hurray!!!
1. Who is your favorite, fashionable celebrity?
Gosh....this is a hard one because I really don't follow celebrity fashions (or really know that many celebrities). However, if I had to choose one I would say Kate Middleton because she has such an elegant and classic style. Plus, she is BRITISH which just makes me love her even more!!!
2. What is your most regretted hair cut? Show pics PLEASE (we’ve all been there).
I can't say that I have every had a bad haircut....thankfully! However, if there is one regretted hair cut it might have been cutting front bangs? It wasn't that they looked terribly bad, but more so that they were a hassle and were so dreadful to grow out (they are just now the same length as my hair). I cut them because I was so obsessed by Taylor Swift's bangs at the time and interestingly most of the time people would say "You look like Taylor Swift."
3. Are you a city, country, suburban or whatever type person?
I like the city, but mainly just for visiting/shopping, so I would have to say I am a Country person! Plus, our family comes from a long line of farmers and ranchers who lived in a small town (both of my parents are from small Texas towns) so it is kind of in my blood to love country life:)
4. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Without a doubt Christmas!!!! Have you ever realized how magical it is with all the twinkling lights, hot cocoa, Carols, brisk nights, decorations, and of course you can't forget about the marathons of Hallmark Christmas movies. However, Christmas is also so very special for the story and celebration of our sweet Savior's birth.
5. What was your favorite cartoon growing up?
Okay, so I was the kid who really didn't watch cartoons and I still don't care for them. However, the one I did like was Liberties Kids (is that even considered a cartoon??).LOL
6.What is your favorite genre of music?
Tough question......probably singer songwriter with a mix of pop? Nonetheless, I a a pretty big fan of many genres like country, swing, house, electronic, and Christian.
7.What is your most prized possession?
Oh, good question. I am pretty sure that after I write this I will walk away and realize a better answers, so for now I would have to say that my most prized possession is my Camera!!! That was a pretty big gift I got a few years back and it means the world to me:)
8. What’s the first thing that pops in your head when you see a shoe sale?
As much as I dislike math, the first thing that would probably pop into my head when I see a shoe sell is to immediately start tabulating how much the shoes will cost depending on how many % off they are on sale for!
9. What’s your dream job?
Another fabulous question!! I have MANY dream jobs however I will name one of my biggest :) I would want to become a costumer for a movie or TV show that is set in the 30's, 40's, or 50's! I can't help just wanting to be on set making sure everything about the costumes is perfect and creating the perfect looks that hit the screens.....ahhhhh such a dream!
10. Do you have any pets?
I am a stereotypical fashion blogger with my cat Rosie:) It is really hard not having her at college with me so whenever I am home for the weekend she is always so talkative and I am always so happy to see her again and listen to her calming purr.
11. What is your current favorite fashion trend?
Right now it would have to be the whole hipster/boho look with the felt hats! Totally in LOVE!!
11 Random Facts About Me:
1) I like Pumpkin Spice A LATTE!!! Pumpkin EVERYTHING please.
2) I drive a standard car (totally stole that from Taylor's post)
3) I have never been on an airplane, probably because I have an unrealistic fear of flying, though I plan on going to the UK in 2018 (fingers crossed).
4) I don't have a smart phone so basically I use my iPod for everything I would use a smart phone for:)
5) I drink coffee every morning and sometimes tea at night.
6) I danced at my church for 8 years and taught dance for 4 years.
7) I am surviving Chemistry class this semester by asking myself "What would Jemma do?" (for all of you Agents of Shield Fans)
8) When I was 16 I started my own cupcake business called Sweet Side Cupcakes.
9) I have a list of over 20 favorite baby names on iPod notes (with middle names included).
10) I like writing poems
11) My room is being overtaken by close to 100 books (and I have a small room)!!
Here are the official rules of the Liebster Award:
Okay, now is the time for me to nominate some fellow bloggers!
Hannah of Grace In Everything
Hayley of Pearls and Purls
Heather of Into The Wardrobe
Here are your questions:
1) What had been one of your fondest birthday memories
2) Are you a planner or a spontaneous person?
3) What is something surprising people wouldn't know about you?
4) What is one of your favorite words or one you use a lot?
5) What is one of your favorite hobbies (apart from blogging)?
6) What is your favorite TV show (current or past)?
7) Why did you start blogging?
8) Oh....what is one of your favorite quotes?
9) If you could meet anyone dead or alive who would it be?
10) What are three things you CANNOT live without?
11) What is your guilty pleasure?