Hello dear readers! Today I come to you with something special:) This past week I was nominated by Corin (isn't her name great!) of the lovely new blog Wonderland for the Versatile Blogger Award. I must say it was quite exciting to hear from her as well as meet her and her blog....she is new to the blogging world so be sure to go give her darling blog a visit here:) Thanks a million Corin for the nomination!!
Okay, so these are the rules:
1) Thank the person who nominated you (check)
2) Include a link to their blog (check)
3) Write seven facts about yourself (coming up below)
4) Nominate up to 15 bloggers
I always love doing posts like this every once in awhile because it gives me a change to meet new bloggers, highlight fellow blogs, and answer questions that I normally wouldn't write about on a normal day:) So....without further adieu lets get started!!
Seven facts about myself:
1) I always trip going up the stairs! No joke! I live on the third floor of my dorm and I trip at least twice a week going up those stairs or others on campus.....I have only fallen once though:) LOL
2) I am Scottish! My 95 year old grandpa is full blooded Scott so I am more Scottish than anything else....that is where our last name McQuary comes from (the original clan spelling is MacQuarrie). It is one of the oldest highland clans tracing back to the first king of Scotland, and we have our own crest and tartan....it is the coolest thing EVER!!
3) Though I am Scottish I have always wanted to be British so sometimes I am known to talk in a British accent...to others but usually just to myself (I am not crazy.....promise!). If I ever travel to England there is a good possibility I will come back with an accent....just saying! Every time I am in the presence of a British person I always want to start talking in an accent:)
4) My great grandmother was a writer and a few of my great Aunts are/were writers also (one is even published I think) so my love for writing is definitely an inherited trait!
5) If I ever changed my hair color I would totally go for an Anne of Green Gables auburn red! Plus, I think I gravitate a lot towards the shade of red because of my Scottish blood and because my hair has a little bit of red tents to it already:)
6) I love pretty much any type of music (except like hard rock and screamo stuff). Therefore on my ipod you will find techno/electric house music inspired by my brother (Capital Kings is my fave), country (I live in Texas so gotta love it), old fashioned swing music and the like, singer song writer, modern pop I guess (really whatever is on the radio), and of course I couldn't live without the amazing Christian music (Hillsong, Britt Nicole, etc.).
7) Last one....hmm......okay I would consider this to be an interesting fact about myself and one worth sharing......one of my dreams is to publish a book one day and due to that I am currently in the middle of writing a book with one of my best friends inspired by our lives and everything that goes on around us (Soooooo excited about it!). My second blog STANDOUTgirl (which I don't post on enough) is a branch off of my passion to inspire others to be bold in a weak world.
I guess that is about it! There are definitely more things I could share....I am one to go on and on and on if you don't stop me so I hope you enjoyed learning seven new things about me:)
Maria of A Golden Picnic
Evie of Letters from Avonlea
Naomi of Wonderland Creek
I honestly could nominate every blogger I know so if you want to do a post for the Versatile Blogger Award than I hereby Nominate you _____________ !!!