Fall Style by oldfashionedgirl
It's that time of the year! That time when you start dreaming of cool weather (but still have 100 degree temperatures). That time when you desperately want to wear a cozy sweater, but know you would burn up, but go ahead anyways. That time when you step outside in the early morning and think that you might just be able to smell fall in the air. Oh, what am I even saying.....Its that time of the year where Pumpkin Spice Latte's are back and you make your friends take a picture of your hand holding the cup HERE!!!! Fall is just around the corner and I CANNOT WAIT!!! (I seriously chewed a piece of cinnamon gum this past weekend when I went outside just to make my brain think it was fall....no joke). With that being said however, means that wardrobes will be changing (more on that later this week) and with that comes my lovely Fall Style Wishlist/Must Haves.
I have loved everything that has been coming to stores for this coming season, and actually recently just picked up 3 different pieces for my wardrobe for the fall (which I NEVER do) but the styles were to good to pass up. Thus, if you want to know what I am wishing for this fall or what I am adding to my wardrobe, than keep reading:
- Floral Midi Dress: For any of you who are Target fans, did you see this dress in stores when their fall lines hit? I was totally FREAKING out when I found it because the colors are fabulous, I love the length, the style is so 70's meets 2016 and the print looks like a fall palette take on Rifle Paper Co. While I am typically a more classic vintage soul (40's, 50's, and 60's) the 70's really became a huge inspiration for me last fall, so we will see if that continues this season. I ordered the dress over Labor Day weekend when it was on sale (great excuse to spend money right) and can't wait to wear it. I think it will look great with a felt hat and ankle boots.
- Wet n Wild Gel Nail Polish: I recently discovered the Wet n Wild gel nail polishes which I am totally in love with especially the colors Crime of Passion & Left Marooned which totally fit into my fall wardrobe colors. We often think that styles only change when the seasons do, but I think changing up our nail color is just as important for incorporating the styles of the coming season.
- Mustard Yellow Tights: If you haven't heard, mustard yellow is one of the fall 2016 colors and I couldn't be happier (because it is one of my favorite colors in fashion)! Just another EXTRA excuse to wear my old mustard tights more frequently....plus they totally match the target dress that I got as well as a number of my other sweaters and fall skirts.
- Cambridge Satchel: If you have never checked out the Cambridge Satchel company than you are in for a treat because I ADORE every single one of their satchels, bags, and purses and they come in the most lovely selection of colors to choose from! While I absolutely adore this brown satchel and think that it would be the perfect addition to any Fall wardrobe, I still don't have one of their satchels, but maybe one day I will get one (hint, hint, to anyone looking for Birthday or Christmas present ideas.....)
- Lace Up Flats: To say I have been wanting these since the beginning of the summer would be an UNDERSTATEMENT! Whenever this style came out this past year I couldn't help loving the ladylike elegance and edge that the lace up (sued) style falts had. I have been on the lookout for a pair (that I loved and could afford) for the past 3 months and finally found this pair (loving the color) at Target. I have actually tried them on every time I visited Target (since they came out in August) and only just purchased them within the last week.......they are totally worth it though because I will wear them all fall long!
- Denim Jacket: Funny thing.....I used to have a denim jacket as did my sister but somehow we no longer have them? Truly, I haven't ever been that much of a fan of them, but recently I have been creating all of these outfit combos in my head which all revolve around a denim Jacket (weird right)! Therefore, when I went out to take blog pictures this past weekend I decided that I wanted a denim jacket for the shoot, so I decided to add a denim jacket to my fall wardrobe. Usually I am not that impulsive (like EVER) but it was one of those purchases I don't regret because I know I will get a lot of wear out of it.
- Rimmel London Berry Lip Color: Can't say enough about berry colored lipstick for the fall (to be honest its really basically purple). I used to be afraid of wearing crazy colors, but I have taken the plunge and love wearing BOLD lip colors now. In the fall months I love to wear the brown shades and purples. If you haven't ever checked out Rimmel London's products (found at Wallgreens, Target, and CVS) than you totally should because they have the best colors, at the best prices, and with good lasting ability.
- Chalkfull of Love Pumpkin Spice Case: You all should know by now that Chalkedfulloflove is one of my FAVORITE brands/small businesses, and Sarah's Casefy Collection is just as great as her mugs and prints. Not to make life any better or anything (wink...wink), but as an avid and obsessed Pumpkin Spice Latte fan I can't help but fangirl over this phone case and say that this is definitely a fall must have!
- e.l.f. Bronzer: I have always been a strict blush kind of girl, but as the fall months draw closer I have opted for a more "natural" warm glow type of look. I am always a fan of saving money on drug store makeup, so e.l.f. is my go to. I am totally loving this bronzer from elf and have incorporated it into my makeup looks recently (maybe I should do a video on fall makeup palettes??)
- Neck Scarf: Anyone realize the current trend for Neck Scarves, especially this coming fall? I used to think neck scarves were a bit overboard, but now that so many of my favorite bloggers are rocking the look and considering it is actually a trend that is coming back around, I am ALL for it! I have been trying to incorporate the trend more in my wardrobe and so far I am totally loving it!
What are some things on your Fall Must Have/Wish List?
Any of these styles or products ones you like?